Our AWS Services
Our AWS customers range from companies who want to begin their Cloud journey and need guidance on how to do so, to organisations who already have an existing AWS environment that they want to optimise for enhanced performance. Either way, adhering to the AWS Well Architected framework, we can add value and help with business transformation.
Next Generation Managed Services
To be recognised as a “Next-Generation” Managed Service Partner is an acknowledgement from AWS that we are certified experts that have:
- A deep understanding of DevOps
- Dynamically responded to the power of automation for customers
- A unique outlook on the work
Our focus on service intelligence and continuous compliance have taken us beyond just applying a traditional approach to a new paradigm in cloud computing.
As a Next-Generation Partner, our mission will be to help our customers to see clearer and act smarter, supporting them through the entire cloud transformation life-cycle. Our focus is to work with our customers to enable rapid deployment of their business workloads on AWS with predictable ROI, regulatory compliance, and enterprise SLA’s – working closely with AWS to ensure quality of service.
Our 24/7 monitoring takes advantage of the latest statistical mechanisms and machine learning to provide a premium service. We are able to identify abnormal patterns of behaviour quickly and take the appropriate action, thanks to our heterogeneous monitoring and logging.
Given the dynamic and highly automated nature of AWS workloads, we leverage monitoring tools that have visibility to the whole environment including application performance and that scale instantly to adjust to changes in workloads being monitored.
Data and Analytics
The amount of data we produce every day is truly mind-boggling. There are 2.5 quintillion bytes of data created each day at our current pace, but that pace is only accelerating with the growth of the Internet of Things (IoT). Over the last two years alone 90 percent of the data in the world was generated. Not surprising since more than 3.7 billion humans use the internet (that’s a growth rate of 7.5 percent over 2016). With about 456,000 tweets are sent on twitter every minute
The size and complexity of the data that needs to be analysed today, means the same technology and approaches that worked in the past, may not work anymore. To get the most value from your data, DNM in conjunction with AWS can provide you with a comprehensive, secure, scalable, and cost-effective portfolio of services that enables you to build your data lake in the cloud, analyse all of your data, including data from IoT devices with a variety of analytical approaches including machine learning.
Working with AWS services and using best practices in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing, we have several customers with whom we have worked with to move, store and analyse their data. AWS services can be broken downs as follows:
The first step to building data lakes on AWS is to move data to the cloud. The physical limitations of bandwidth and transfer speeds restrict the ability to move data without major disruption, high costs, and time. As part of our data movement and data integration services, DNM have worked with AWS services to make data transfer easy and flexible, providing solutions for on-premise data movements or real-time data movement using AWS Snowball, AWS storage Gateway, or Amazon Kinesis data firehose.
Once data is ready for the cloud, AWS makes it easy to store data in any format, securely, and at massive scale with Amazon S3 and Amazon Glacier. To make it easy for end users to discover the relevant data to use in their analysis, AWS Glue automatically creates a single catalogue that is searchable, and query-able by users.
There are a number of storage solutions available from AWS which enable our customers to store their data in a secure, scalable storage based with what up to millisecond latency for data access. Using AWS Glue our customers can have a fully managed service that provides a data catalogue to make data in the data lake discoverable, and has the ability to do extract, transform, and load (ETL) to prepare data for analysis
AWS provides a broad range of cost-effective analytic services that run on the data lake. Unlike your traditional approach each analytic service is purpose-built for a wide range of analytics use cases such as interactive analysis, big data processing using Hadoop and Spark, data warehousing, real-time analytics, operational analytics, dashboards, and visualisations.
As Data Architects, DNM will understand your data model and hierarchy and help you map the right AWS service to your business requirements.
- Interactive Analytics – point and click, we use Amazon Athena to enable our customers to start querying their data instantly.
- Bid Data Processing – For big data processing using the Hadoop and Spark frameworks Amazon EMR provides a managed service that makes it easy, fast and cost-effective to process vast amounts data.
- Data warehousing – For data warehousing, Amazon Redshift provides the ability to run complex, analytic queries against petabytes of structured data, and includes Redshift Spectrum that runs SQL queries directly against Exabytes of structured or unstructured data in S3 without the need for unnecessary data movement.
- Real Time Analytics – For real-time analytics, we use Amazon Kinesis which makes it easy to collect, process and analyse streaming data such as IoT telemetry data, application logs, and website clickstreams.
- Operational Analytics – For operational analytics such as application monitoring, log analytics and clickstream analytics, we use Amazon Elasticsearch Service which allows you to search, explore, filter, aggregate, and visualise your data in near real-time.
- Dashboards and Visualisations – For quick dashboards and visualisations, we use Amazon QuickSight which provides you a fast, cloud-powered business analytics service, that makes it easy to build stunning visualisations and rich dashboards that can be accessed from any browser or mobile device.
Machine Learning – For predictive analytics use cases, AWS provides a broad set of machine learning services, and tools that run on your data lake on AWS. Our services come from the knowledge and capability we’ve built up as part of our AWS Next Generation Managed Services for our customers. Our 24/7 monitoring takes advantage of the latest statistical mechanisms and machine learning to provide a premium service. We are able to identify abnormal patterns of behaviour quickly and take the appropriate action, thanks to our heterogeneous monitoring. Given the dynamic and highly automated nature of AWS workloads, AWS services enable us to have visibility of the whole environment including application performance that scale instantly to adjust to changes in workloads being monitored.
Database Services Partner
As a Database Services Partner, DNM deliver services or solutions that include or are specific to Amazon RDS, AWS Database Migration Service, Amazon DynamoDB, and Amazon Redshift and Amazon Aurora.
Amazon Aurora Partners deliver services or solutions for Amazon Aurora, a MySQL-compatible relational database engine that combines the speed and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases. Amazon Aurora partners deliver new Aurora implementations, migrate AWS customers to Amazon Aurora, or build tools compatible with Amazon Aurora.
AWS Database Migration Service (DMS)
AWS Database Migration Service Partners help customers use AWS DMS to migrate databases to AWS easily and securely while minimising application downtime. AWS Database Migration Service partners support both homogeneous migrations such as Oracle to Oracle, as well as heterogeneous migrations between different database platforms, such as Oracle to Amazon Aurora or Microsoft SQL Server to MySQL.
When it comes to migrating to the Cloud, the mentality of ‘Not if. When’ has taken over. With organisations of all sizes, from start-up to enterprise moving to the Cloud, ensuring that solutions are designed and built in accordance with best practices is key to greatly improving business success. AWS have taken their years of experience doing just that to develop the AWS Well-Architected Framework. The AWS Well-Architected Framework is based on five pillars—security, reliability, performance efficiency, cost optimization, and operational excellence.
We work with customers every day to ensure that their cloud architecture is future proof so as their environment expands and grows, it is still optimised and running at peak performance.
Contains a set of foundation questions that will allow you to measure your architecture against these best practices and to learn how to address any shortcomings.
With more and more of our customers deploying new applications to the cloud, DNM have been redesigning and automating processes which enable our customers to deploy more efficiently to AWS. Our goal is to enable your teams to go faster whilst enabling them to deliver business and customer value constantly and consistently. DNM can make sure that you are getting the most from Devops principles and practices for your development and production platforms, while at the same time ensuring that it is integrated into your operational and management processes.
Our Devops culture and principles:
- Communicate and collaborate – work closely with our customers development and systems teams as part of an integrated, agile, project delivery and operations service
- Automate everything – seek opportunities to integrate build, testing and promotion with your application development life cycle for both code, infrastructure and operations tools
- Infrastructure as code – use a declarative approach to infrastructure, system software deployment, application deployment, metrics, logging, security controls, and backup managed with a revision control system
- No ssh or RDP – not only does this reinforce the idea of automation, it also allows us to operate at scale
- Standardise and repeat – development, test, production all built from the same code and infrastructure changes follow the same path as application changes
- Alert on business service key performance indicators, not just infrastructure status
- Use technology and tools that support (not hinder) dynamic platforms (both in terms of capacity and agility)
- Change Management, Configuration Management, Testing, Incident Management – agility and speed doesn’t mean management and control do not apply
We have had great success in this area where many of our customers have accelerated their speed to market, while at the same time delivering efficiency and reducing risks.
Resource: AWS Devops presentation – Use cases, architecture and best practices
Optimisation and Security
With more and more customers moving to the AWS cloud, there is a larger requirement for partners to provide a streamlined approach to deploy workloads, and the secure and efficient management of these workloads within the AWS environment. DNM are providing a more simplified and consumer-centric service for our customers, providing them with actionable insights in terms of the operation and security of their AWS workloads. Our services range from monitoring the customer’s environment, to the running of comprehensive monthly AWS cloud infrastructure audits. These audits can provide details and recommendations in terms of cloud usage or security violations, tailored to your business needs, which in turn makes AWS work harder for you.
We are always looking for innovative ways to add business value to our customers through a unique combination of tools and expertise. Businesses are coming to us for guidance and best practices to enable availability, scalability and security of their production workloads. We offer them operational and security insights that is cutting their costs of up to 30-40%.
Whether you are new to AWS or exploring how to optimise your business results with cloud, our getting started Cloud Discovery Workshop will help you shape your journey into the cloud.Our services offer a structure to help organisations develop an efficient and effective plan for their cloud adoption journey. Guidance and best-practices used by our certified cloud architects can help you build a comprehensive approach to cloud computing across your organisation, throughout your IT lifecycle.
Get Started – Contact DNM to organise a workshop
Our perspectives represent top-level areas of focus spanning people, process, and technology. Components identify specific aspects within each perspective which require attention, while activities provide prescriptive guidance to help build actionable plans on your journey to design, build and operate in the cloud.
Resources – Example agendas for our Cloud Discovery Workshops