News and Events / February 16, 2017
Our AWS customers range from companies who want to begin their Cloud journey and need guidance on how to do so, to organisations who already have an existing AWS environment that they want to optimise for enhanced performance. Either way, adhering to the AWS Well Architected framework, we can add value and help with business transformation.
Contains a set of foundational questions that will allow you to measure your architecture against these best practices and to learn how to address any shortcomings.
- Communicate and collaborate - work closely with our customers development and systems teams as part of an integrated, agile, project delivery and operations service
- Automate everything - seek opportunities to integrate build, testing and promotion with your application development life cycle for both code, infrastructure and operations tools
- Infrastructure as code - use a declarative approach to infrastructure, system software deployment, application deployment, metrics, logging, security controls, and backup managed with a revision control system
- No ssh or RDP - not only does this reinforce the idea of automation, it also allows us to operate at scale
- Standardise and repeat - development, test, production all built from the same code and infrastructure changes follow the same path as application changes
- Alert on business service key performance indicators, not just infrastructure status
- Use technology and tools that support (not hinder) dynamic platforms (both in terms of capacity and agility)
- Change Management, Configuration Management, Testing, Incident Management - agility and speed doesn't mean management and control do not apply
Resource: AWS Devops presentation - Use cases, architecture and best practices
Our perspectives represent top-level areas of focus spanning people, process, and technology. Components identify specific aspects within each perspective which require attention, while activities provide prescriptive guidance to help build actionable plans on your journey to design, build and operate in the cloud.
Resources - Example agendas for our Cloud Discovery Workshops